Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Baby Gear Must Haves!

I'm always asked "What item do you feel you really needed and glad you had"? I can't name just one so I'll make a short list of the baby gear that I found the most helpful.

*Changing Table and diaper pail: I know alot of people told me to just do diaper changes on the bed or the floor and to use a regular garbage can. I'm so glad I didn't listen to this. The changing table puts baby right up to your level making diaper changes fast and easy. Not to mention it's easier on your back as well. I also ended up getting a diaper genie and it really does hold the smell back!
*Moby Wrap: This really saved me alot of frustrations. Early on your baby needs you 24-7 and it's hard to get anything done while cradling a sweet baby in your arms. So I ended up getting the Moby Wrap and my life was never the same again! days stuck on the sofa holding a fussy baby turned into days walking around getting things done with a very content and calm baby up against my chest. I absolutely LOVED the closeness it provided as well. You can also find easy instructions on how to make your own. No need to dish out tons of money for one!
*Bottle Warmer: I ended up having to supplement my baby and this little gem came in really handy. I suggest one that has settings that the warmer remembers. So the next time you don't have to put in all the settings, just push a button and go!
*Baby Swing: This is a life saver! I can't think of anything better! I really recommend investing in a good cradle swing. These will last you a very long time. I have the Bright Starts Swing. It runs on batteries and it keeps it momentum going using magnets. I've used mine now for 11 months and have only changed the batteries (4 D's) once! It's also VERY silent! I have an upright swing. It is loud and baby cannot get comfy in it. Swing

What have you found most helpful?

1 comment:

  1. I agree on the baby swing! I don't know what I would have done without it!

    ReplyDelete